Mahler's Aggressive Strength - MikeMahler.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5.18.11 - High Day - Kajukenbo & American Kenpo

Strain Prevention in the morning.

Went with Shane to his Kajukenbo class. He was having trouble with his forward and backward shoulder rolls. So I went and bought some mats so we could practice.

I also showed him and Steven the kick stretches from Tom Kurz. Told them to do them before school everyday.

After watching Shane, I have been bit by the MA bug again. I have a decision to make though. Although i am a 3rd Brown in AM. Kenpo, I am so rusty that i have to start from the beginning again. Now Shane's instructor is take June through Aug off, so i will be buying him Kajukenbo videos. So do i continue with AM Kenpo, I have all the materials to 4th black, or jump into something new and do it with him.

BTW, what is the deal with kids not being able to learn from their Dad. I started Steven at around 4 and he kept at it until 6 then I didn't know what i was doing. Shane is the same way.

My Training today

Rolls
Kick stretches
back fists
front blast
rear thrust

Yellow belt techniques 5x each

No comments: