Mahler's Aggressive Strength - MikeMahler.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A humbling session

A1. Double Floor Press 5x5 32s

A2. Double Bent Row 5x5 32s

B1. Double front squats 2x5, 3x4 32s - I improved over Mondays session, but not good enough!

B2. Double Snatches 5x5 24s - My groove was much better than last weeks

TGU 1x5/4 with 32, 1x5/5 with 24 - On the set with the 32, I had to use rest-pause for reps 3,4,&5.


This was very humbling since I have failed the last 2 workouts to get 5x5 with 32s on the FS. I am really baffled by the TGUs. During my time with the program minimum, I was able to go 5 min switching side each rep with both the 24 and the 32. But trying to do sets of 5 has just proved what I had been thinking for a while, my strength-endurance is my weak point. After I finish up the last 2 weeks of this program, I will be focusing on strength-endurance for 4 weeks.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Todd. I just popped over from a link I found to your blog on my site.

Just looking at your workouts from Monday and yesterday, you might want to give another day between what appears to be 2 heavy workouts.

That would account for the fs numbers and he difficulty with TGU

I try and do Sonnon's 4x7
1 day heavy, 1 day metcon, 1 day JM, 1 day flowfit/bodyweight
It works pretty weel, although I have a really hard time sticking to it, especially the JM days

Unknown said...

Hey Dave
Thanks for checking out my blog. I am currently on one of Mahler's Kb routines. I am trying to go heavy on all 3 workout this week. I plan breaking down to one session of the 32s, the the other 2 just the 24s for my last two weeks of this 4 week cycle.
On the FS, I get down in the hole on the 5th rep and i just lose it when coming out of the hole. On the TGUs I going to stick with the 24 for awhile.

Is Chris still teaching with you? I haven't spoken to him in a while.

Speaking of Sonnon's 4x7, is it worth buying? I was thinking of buying it but haven't decided.

I have been doing Super joints on MWF, I just don't list it. Z on TTHSAT. Is flowfit that much better?

I wish i could make it down for your seminar in July. Work is just to hectic right now to make it down.