Mahler's Aggressive Strength - MikeMahler.com

Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 Year end review

Over all 2009 was a good year for training.. I weigh the same now that i did in Jan. '09 but in smaller clothes. I contribute that to all the double KB stuff that I was doing for most of the year. My two biggest goals of last year were missed. The goals were to one complete ladder with the 40kg L/R and press the 48kg once L/R. Things were looking good around summer. My strength was increasing. Then I did a 5x1,2,3,4 with the 40kg, then the next session, I couldn't press the 20kg with my left arm. I decided to change focus. I started diving more into Scott Sonnon's/RMAX materials. I owned some of his material and switched from Z-Health to Intu-Flow earlier in the year. So I dusted off my home made clubbells an started using them as the main focus of my training about the last quarter of the year. I still use KBs, but as a support roll(I still through around the dbl 32kgs). The last week in November, I was able to press the 40kg L/R again, only once though..

Going into 2010, my focus will be on getting in better cardiovascular condition. I neglected high rep sets of snatches and swings in favor of the doubles. I have posted my wish list and goals on this site. As you can see it is Clubbell and RMAX focused. The hardest part for me is going to the Prasara yoga. I really have a lot of work to do in that area. My KB work will be in the form of hybrid circuits and maybe some integration into my 4x7 cycles on medium and heavy days. The circuit will be in the TacFit format similar to the one i did Wednesday night. As I progres, rounds will be added.

That is all for now... Happy New Year

No comments: