Mahler's Aggressive Strength - MikeMahler.com

Thursday, October 16, 2008

New RKC Snatch Standards, is this true?

I have found some blogs referencing this but can't find it on DD site. So I am asking my RKC friends, is this true?

New RKC Snatch Standrads

-You will be given 5min to complete the test.
-You are allowed to make as many hand switches as you wish. The sum of both arms is scored.
-You are allowed to set the kettlebell down and rest.
-You are allowed to make multiple back swings.

*All other previous standards still apply.

MEN Kettlebell Snatch Requirements
Weight Class, kg/lbs. Snatches, total L+R
60/132, 60
90/198, 80
90+/198+, 100
Open Class–24kg Kettlebell
Masters (50 and Over)–20kg Kettlebell

WOMEN Kettlebell Snatch Requirements
Weight Class, kg/lbs. Snatches, total L+R
56/123, 60
75/165, 80
75+/165+, 100
Open Class–16kg Kettlebell
Masters (50 and Over)–12kg Kettlebell

*Remember that it IS called a challenge and it takes commitment and practice to achieve anything worth it's salt.

4 comments:

MKSchinabeck said...

Todd,
I had heard from some very high ranking RKCs that they were going to change the snatch test rules to a 5 minute snatch test with unlimited hand changes. Like you mentioned, the heavyweight number that I was told was going to be 80 reps. I thought the change was going to happen prior to the fall RKC certs, but it obviously did not. I now nothing more than that. It makes sense to me. I think it will help preserve people's hands and still will be a good test of conditioning that will require that candidates spend a fair amount of time with their kettlebells practicing. In my opinion, I think it will be easier than the current test.

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Hey guys, yer these will be the new snatch requirements. It will be harder on conditioning but easier mentally. Matt you are right it will save the hands. To bust out 100 is only 20 reps a minute, no biggie.

Unknown said...

Thanks guys.

Now I just have to come up with the money to go and the days off from work.
I think 20/20/15/15/10/10/5/5 or 5x10/10 on the minute would work very easily here.

Thanks again

Renee Yorkievitz, RKC said...

Use your PTO. It is well worth the cash-ola! :)