Mahler's Aggressive Strength - MikeMahler.com

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Psuedo GVT

Day 9 heavy Day

Starting to get real cold in NE Ohio, so my bells were freezing. I did this to warm up

Pumps 10 reps

A few exercise from Flowfit level 2

Jump rope

Workout

Dbl MP - 32s - 10x3 - rest 30s between sets

JS Band Pull-up negatives - Used JS to achieve one rep. lower on the count of 5
5x1

Dbl snatches - 24s - 5x5

Felt awesome afterward. I really hate to admit that I can't do a pull up, it is kind of embarrassing. I will continue until i can get them. I have 2 JS bands, green and purple. I may need to get the one in the middle. The purple I can do for 2 reps, the green i can do 5 reps. The last time I did strict pull up was in 1989 at the weight of 230#. I have about 30 more LBS to lose. I am working on it.

5 comments:

MKSchinabeck said...

Keep at it......the pullups will come. The Pullup is the downfall of the bigman!!!

nate b said...

I have been messing around with some ginastica natural which is somewhat similar to sonnon's stuff.

What are you doing thursday?

Unknown said...

Nate,

I will be doing Intu-flow and R-Phase. However, we can train if you want to. Do you plan on stopping by? Also, congrats again on winning your tournament.

Unknown said...

Matt,

Yes they are! Does that hallow position really help?

MKSchinabeck said...

I do think the hollow position makes a difference, especially on the top half of the pullup.