Mahler's Aggressive Strength - MikeMahler.com

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Progress....... one year later

Ok, it has been exactly one year since I got my first KB. Now I have 7 of them and some clubbells and sandbags...etc. I will have to say all the hype about KBs are true. I have lifted weights since I was 13 and I have made the most impressive gains in strength and conditioning ever. When i started my get back in shape quest in 4/2006, I went back to my old standard BB workouts. All I did was get bigger. I have always hated cardio so I never did any. So in 6/2007, I emailed my old IT buddy Dave Randolph asked a few questions that he answered. I bought on and it was delivered on my birthday last year. Back then I had a 46" waist and weighed around 280lbs. In 06, I was 325 (or more) on my 5'10" frame. So in one year, I am down under a 42" waist and weigh around 265-270. Doesn't sound like much, but I have lost a lot of fat. Last year I was wearing xxxl shirts, I can actually wear xl shirts now. I am impressed with the progress this cannonball with a handle has made in my life. I am forever changed.

I also started on the warrior diet back in 2/08. I stated earlier that I would stay on it until my B-day and then decide whether or not to continue. Well, I love it also. I am going to continue. I love the energy and the freedom it allows me. To that extent, I will be starting a food journal after reading a great post on Dave Randolph's site, http://www.iron-body.com/index.php/Diet-&-Nutrition/Keeping-a-Food-Journal.html. The URL for my journal is http://pigram86wd.blogspot.com. I will start tracking tomorrow.

Thanks for reading

No comments: